Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Lord said to Noah, "There's gonna be a floody floody..."

I rechecked the forecast. There is no mention of a special 40 day outlook, and the National Weather Service still isn't telling everybody that if they don't have an ark they're screwed. I was starting to wonder though. We woke up this morning to Grandma calling and telling us to turn the air conditioning units off immediately. Geez! I wonder why?

Okay! Okay! Maybe...just maybe, she had a valid request. Yep, Folks! It started looking like God really wanted to see if our Ark floats. I just hope we used the right type of wood. Anybody know what Gopher wood is? I really don't think gophers had anything to do with the trees that became this house. Oh well, maybe God won't be too picky.

That's right, Folks. We have a beautiful house on lakefront property. You are looking at the spectacular Lake Loosahatchie, from our back deck.

You can go fishing...or watch the world float by, without ever leaving the comfort of your home.

As you can see by the pictures above, the water started to wrap around the front of the house. The last major flood in this area was in 1987. All of those stories will now be replaced by the Great Flood of 2010. This one makes '87 almost seem like a little mud puddle. I am definitely counting my blessings. It looks like we will only have to suffer the lack of air conditioning tonight. Sadly, elsewhere in the county the loss of property and life were much higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment